Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Having problems with chroot

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
SystemUser

Having problems with chroot

#1 Post by SystemUser »

Hi!

I am trying to customise debian iso (debian-live-9.4.0-amd64-cinnamon) like this https://github.com/weaknetlabs/debian-c ... so-scripts.

But when I get to part where it tell me to chroot ./chroot I get:

chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': Input/output error

I have checked that /bin/bash exists in ./chroot/bin/bash. I am doing it in VM that is installed from the same ISO that I am trying to customize so there should be 32 bit vs 64 bit issue either. What could be wrong?

Segfault

Re: Having problems with chroot

#2 Post by Segfault »

I/O error usually means the file is damaged. I.E. the device where it is read from is defective or the filesystem is corrupted.

Dai_trying

#3 Post by Dai_trying »

I think this would be the most helpful route for you.
your GitHub link README file wrote:Please make sure you report errors with logs or terminal output so I can better help troubleshoot any issues that arise during your ISO building.
The Author sounds like he would help (and be best placed to do so)

SystemUser

#4 Post by SystemUser »

Ok, thight it was more debian question since I only used these commands from his tutorial, not his scripts yet.

Dai_trying

#5 Post by Dai_trying »

I have posted in another thread about my method to remaster a LiveCd, you might find it useful as it is the easiest method I have found. Although if chroot is not working in your VM those instructions might not work either.

One suggestion: try re-installing in another VM to see if there was an issue with your first install. That's what I would try anyway...