Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Disable UTC time through grub.cfg on Live USB

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Jeriko32

Disable UTC time through grub.cfg on Live USB

#1 Post by Jeriko32 »

Please help.

I often use a customized version of Debian Live USB. But there is one problem. In Debian, UTC time is used. When computers that are running windows os are used LOCAL. Accordingly, every time I have to correct the system time for both OS. This brings some inconvenience.
So I need to learn how to enable on Debian Live USB using LOCAL time instead of UTC. It is necessary to do this through editing grub.cfg on USB flash. Somewhere in this section:

Code: Select all

... linux  /live/vmlinuz-4.9.0-4-amd64 boot=live components locales=ru_UA.UTF-8 timezone=Europe/Kiev keyboard-layouts=us,ru keyboard-options=grp:ctrl_shift_toggle ...
PS: UTC=off not work.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Disable UTC time through grub.cfg on Live USB

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

I can't find any kernel parameters that allow Local Time to be used:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/ ... meters.txt

You may have to unpack filesystem.squashfs and edit /etc/adjtime directly.
deadbang

debiman

Re: Disable UTC time through grub.cfg on Live USB

#3 Post by debiman »

i think some computer BIOS have related options...
or you have to tell windows to stop that nonsense once and for all... iirc, a registry key can be added to achieve that: make windows use UTC.