Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Has any programmer advance-configured pico2wave?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
bkpsusmitaa

Has any programmer advance-configured pico2wave?

#1 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

man pico2wave is a very short file.
Has any programmer advance-configured pico2wave? Beyond its default capabilities?
I have reached up to this step, but not this step.
Only that this file:

Code: Select all

speech-dispatcher
mentioned to be in:

/etc/defaults
that says:

RUN=no
is rather in

/etc/default
with the said line, i.e.,

RUN=yes
and has to be edited to:

RUN=no
I have installed the necessary package, libttspico0, and can have pico2wave read from CLI, for instance:

pico2wave -w lookdave.wav "Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this." && aplay lookdave.wav
I can also use the following script (attached) for a very small file:

./speak.sh "$(cat hello.txt)"
, if I have the small hello.txt file in the same folder as the script file. There is a # of Character upper Limit for the txt file.

The speak.sh file being:

#!/bin/bash
# How to Use this script to read a txt file?
# 
# Then run it with the desired text:
# speak.sh "hello world"

# or read the contents of an entire file:
# speak.sh "$(cat <filename>)"

echo "./speak.sh \"\$(cat filename)\""
pico2wave -l=en-US -w=/tmp/test.wav "$1"
aplay /tmp/test.wav
rm /tmp/test.wav
But I can't alter pico2wave -'s sampling rate to 48000. It only samples at 16000Hz.
Any suggestions?

Later ...
It was later learnt that pico2wave used SVOX binary from Google. I thanked Dr. Samuel Thibault and the Debian Accessibility Team for porting the said binary to Debian, on the 31st of August 2018. I was informed that
The libttspico library itself doesn't seem to have an interface to change the sampling rate, actually.
So let us wait with expectation from Team Debian on a future implementation of the SVOX package or something even better.
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home