Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

gnome-keyring-daemon problem

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
kaptensnus

gnome-keyring-daemon problem

#1 Post by kaptensnus »

Hello!

I am trying to use gnome-keyring-daemon as ssh-agent. I have set it up so that the default keyring is named login and stored the ssh key password so that it is unlocked when I login.
I have also commented out 90gpg-agent and 90x11-common_ssh-agent in /etc/Xsession.d/ and added:

auth optional pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
session optional pam_gnome_keyring.so

in the bottom of /etc/pam.d/xdm so that gnome-keyring-daemon is suppused to start and unlock my ssh key on login.

This worked until the last uodate of Debian testing.

Now gnome-keyring-daemon does no longer unlock my keyring, and even if I manually unlock it (and the ssh key password) the xfce4-terminal wants a password when I try to use ssh.

debiman

Re: gnome-keyring-daemon problem

#2 Post by debiman »

doesn't ssh use its own key unlocking app, something like ssh-agent (there was also one for the gui, maybe x-ssh-agent or some such)?

kaptensnus

Re: gnome-keyring-daemon problem

#3 Post by kaptensnus »

Yes, that's my problem. I am trying to disable ssh-agent and use gnome-keyring-daemon instead. I have no-use-ssh-agent in /etc/X11/Xsession.options, but Debian does not seem to like it. I feel like a heretic trying to create Frankendebian.