Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

vnstat not updating

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: vnstat not updating

#21 Post by CwF »

Sorry not trying to piss you off. Then again, it's not me it's not working for. I did not explain the cleanest way, I attempted a sure fire way. Sorry it didn't work out bubs.
I changed an interior usb cable 43 days ago, that's when I rebooted.

morgon

#22 Post by morgon »

You did piss me off by quoting things I did not post and suggesting a ridiculous reboot.

But anyway thanks for trying to help.

vnstat seems to be rather delicate and I hate that for utilities.

At the very least I expect some helpful error message, but even that seems to be too much to ask from this piece of wonderful software.

But whatever.

debiman

#23 Post by debiman »

bw123 wrote:I'm guessing this issue is on testing/sid or some other contraption?
please refer to this thread: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138783
i know stable is stable, but refusing to upgrade 1614 packages is asking for trouble rather than preventing it.

fwiw, the old network interface naming can be re-enabled by adding "net.ifnames=0" to the kernel command line.