Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Open terminal in current directory by shortcut

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
ehehe

Open terminal in current directory by shortcut

#1 Post by ehehe »

In Settings -> Keyboard, I have created a shortcut to open terminal, it is effective, but the directory is the default.

In the right-click menu, there is a option "Open in Terminal", it can open the terminal in the current directory, but do not has a shortcut.Other options have shortcut, such as "New Folder" is "Shift+Ctrl+N", "Paste" is "Ctrl+V", and you know.

How can I create a shortcut for "Open in Terminal" in right-click menu? Or any other ways, I just want to tap any key and then open a terminal in current directory.

shep

Re: Open terminal in current directory by shortcut

#2 Post by shep »

Most importantly this will depend on the application/Desktop Envirnoment that is viewing the file. Secondarily, it will depend on the terminal: konsole, gnome-terminal, xfce-terminal, sakura, xterm etc. In the event you have multiple windows open, each in a different directory, you will need to determine the active window in your DE and pass that off to your terminal command. See link below.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/963201/ ... ified-path

Dai_trying

#3 Post by Dai_trying »

When using terminator (my preference) I can use the --working-directory=DIR option to do this, if you use KDE (and konsole) you could use konsole --workdir DIR and I'm sure most terminals would have a similar option.

Using man <terminal> (replace <terminal> with your choice) you would likely find the correct option and syntax.

bw123

#4 Post by bw123 »

On some fm, like dolphin, you can use the 'menu' key between the right alt and ctrl button to pop up the menu then use A_ctions, O_pen terminal here.
resigned by AI ChatGPT