Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Stability of Debian

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
ramblin

Re: Stability of Debian

#16 Post by ramblin »

After playing around with Debian for several years I finally got serious and installed it on a very capable machine. That was 5 months ago. I jokingly asked "does it ever BREAK ?" I stream content 8-10 hrs a day, plus surf, email, buy, sell and just about anything else you would do. I do occasionally shut it down. I have yet to come upon the first issue. IMO, it is the most stable operating system I have ever used !

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#17 Post by None1975 »

ramblin wrote:IMO, it is the most stable operating system I have ever used !
Nice post!
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

milomak

#18 Post by milomak »

i've finally come to a point where i chose debian as my distro of choice.

but even in that i chose sid. i can't quite remember why i made this choice some more than 10 years ago. my suspicion is that it is related to aptitude.

as much as debian is my go to distro, i can honestly say i had no issues with ubuntu, suse, gentoo, archlinux and slackware in terms of stability.

in any event, a distro is only as stable as you make it in my opinion.
Desktop: A320M-A PRO MAX, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GALAX GeForce RTX™ 2060 Super EX (1-Click OC) - Sid, Win10, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Solus
Laptop: hp 250 G8 i3 11th Gen - Sid
Kodi: AMD Athlon 5150 APU w/Radeon HD 8400 - Sid