Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Root privileges with LAMPP (XAMPP)

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
cvele

Root privileges with LAMPP (XAMPP)

#1 Post by cvele »

Hi,
I have LAMPP installed and had only one user. Today I created new user with admin privileges and changed my main acc to standard user account. I changed the root password and the same password is used for new admin acc. Then I restarted the machine, logged in with my standard acc, started LAMPP UI and I managed to login with root password. In console, I am not able to use sudo su with any password, so what is the difference here? Why am I able to start LAMPP as standard user typing root password?

kevinthefixer

Re: Root privileges with LAMPP (XAMPP)

#2 Post by kevinthefixer »

Possible your user is not a member of group sudo. Did you try with just su?

cvele

Re: Root privileges with LAMPP (XAMPP)

#3 Post by cvele »

The user that I decided to use from now on was in sudoers group. I removed it and created new admin user. But I'm still able to start LAMPP with my old user. That's what's not clear to me :) In console I cannot user sudo, but I can start LAMPP if I type in new root password. The popup for password is from gksudo, if I remeber well.