Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

SimpleScreenRecorder and Dolphin unwantedly autostarting

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
debian121212

SimpleScreenRecorder and Dolphin unwantedly autostarting

#1 Post by debian121212 »

Using SimpleScreenRecorder 0.3.11, Dolphin (Version 18.08.0), on latest XFCE 4.12, on Debian Stable (10/Buster).

SimpleScreenRecorder and Dolphin unwantedly autostarting (automatically, without my consent) every time I turn on the computer (after having had shut the apps down before restarting/poweroff). Went to Settings /Sessions and Startup and nothing about SimpleScreenRecorder or Dolphin there.

Any suggestions?

Lagging the startup process. Not even using Dolphin as main file manager anymore.
Last edited by debian121212 on 2019-08-25 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

debian121212

Re: SimpleScreenRecorder and Dolphin autostarting automatica

#2 Post by debian121212 »

Tried deleting

Code: Select all

/home/USER/.cache/sessions/
as per

https://askubuntu.com/questions/125718/how-can-i-stop-terminal-and-firefox-from-launching-on-startup
and had success!!! However, how do I prevent this from happening in the future? Really lags the startup. I usually use

systemctl reboot
and

systemctl poweroff
bound to hotkeys in order to reboot or poweroff.

Does this have anything to do with it and I just need to bind a modified version of those commands or something along those lines?

Fierelier

Re: SimpleScreenRecorder and Dolphin unwantedly autostarting

#3 Post by Fierelier »

Hey, did you turn off "Automatically save sessions on logout"?

Perhaps the processes get stuck when you close them? Try checking top/htop

debian121212

Re: SimpleScreenRecorder and Dolphin unwantedly autostarting

#4 Post by debian121212 »

Fierelier wrote:Hey, did you turn off "Automatically save sessions on logout"?

Perhaps the processes get stuck when you close them? Try checking top/htop
Thx!! It seems like a glitch however since I actually want it to remember session.

It opens simple screen recorder on startup for example even when I wasn't using it before logging out; so it shouldn't be a part of the apps I want it to "resume" at all.

Will definately try checking top/htop/monitoring the processes in future for for this type of issue if it happens again.