3d face imaging alt crazytalk

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

3d face imaging alt crazytalk

Postby brcisna » 2019-09-01 11:05

Hello All,

Crazytalk8 alternatives in open source community .

This is not necessarily Debian specific,but wonder why there are no close alternatives to a program like Crazytalk in the open source community. for doing facial 3d imaging building Have tried using the demo version of Crazytalk8 running in wine,,and of course get random crashes using it. Sometimes it will work for quite some time in wine but eventually will crash. Have tried multiple installs on different Debian OS'ed machines.
Thought maybe Unity 3D with the 'Naturalfront 3d plugin' was the answer but after installing everything it is only either Mac or Windows,,,which i had missed doing the readme before installing everything.

Thank You
brcisna

Re: 3d face imaging alt crazytalk

Postby sunrat » 2019-09-01 12:49

Blender
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!
sunrat

Re: 3d face imaging alt crazytalk

Postby brcisna » 2019-09-01 14:01

Hi sunrat & thanks for Blender suggestion.

Although I am looking for a more automated product that does the bulk of the legwork like Crazytalk or NaturalFront 3D..were with just a few mouse clicks you have a working head image with audio lip synching with an almost perfect likeness of a single supplied heads hot image. I simply dont have the patience to do a start from scratch model in Blender. Am really surprised someone hasn't come up with a nice plugin for Blender that will do exactly this.
NaturalFront 3D is every bit just as good as Carzytalk8 now,,but only works with MAC & Winders.

Thank You
brcisna

Return to General Questions