Screen capture with Kazam or vokoscreen

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

Screen capture with Kazam or vokoscreen

Postby sodcore » 2019-09-02 21:47

I recently upgraded to Debian Trusty from Debian 9.
I have installed Kazam and VokoScreen to try to capture video and sound.
In my settings under sound no devices show up and I think it has something to do with alsa not being configured correctly.
But my main concern at this time is that when I try to capture the screen I get a black screen with only the mouse cursor showing.
In my research it seems to say I need to use Xorg instead of Gnome.
On Ubuntu it seems you can pick this with settings when you come to log in for the first time.
I am not sure what to do here.
I would like to just be able to use my gnome as it is my standard desktop Gui.
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks,
Donald
sodcore

Re: Screen capture with Kazam or vokoscreen

Postby pylkko » 2019-09-03 06:49

There is no such thing as Debian Trusty (https://www.debian.org/releases/), are you sure you are not using Ubuntu?
pylkko

Postby sodcore » 2019-09-03 06:51

IT is Buster
sodcore

Postby stevepusser » 2019-09-03 18:05

How about trying simplescreenrecorder? That's always worked a treat for me. Use guvcview if you want your face in a webcam window with your screen recording.
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: Calibre 3.48.0, QMPlay2 19.09.03, wine-staging 4.16, Telegram-desktop 1.8.8, Pale Moon 28.7.1, Waterfox 56.2.14
stevepusser

Postby sodcore » 2019-09-14 20:35

SimpleScreenRecorder does not record the background either. It records a black screen and the mouse. Any idea's. I am completely at a loss here and I have done a pile of homework on this.
If I try to start it from command line is gives the following error:

Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
QStandardPaths: wrong ownership on runtime directory /run/user/1000, 1000 instead of 0
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
==================== SSR started ====================
SimpleScreenRecorder 0.3.11
Compiled with GCC 7.3.0
Qt: header 5.10.1, lib 5.11.3
libavformat: header 58.12.100, lib 58.20.100
libavcodec: header 58.18.100, lib 58.35.100
libavutil: header 56.14.100, lib 56.22.100
libswscale: header 5.1.100, lib 5.3.100
[CPUFeatures::Detect] CPU features: mmx sse sse2 sse3 ssse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 avx
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Generating source list ...
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Found plugin: [lavrate] Rate Converter Plugin Using Libav/FFmpeg Library
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Found plugin: [samplerate] Rate Converter Plugin Using Samplerate Library
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Found plugin: [speexrate] Rate Converter Plugin Using Speex Resampler
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Found plugin: [jack] JACK Audio Connection Kit
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Found plugin: [oss] Open Sound System
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Found plugin: [a52] Plugin to convert multichannel stream to A52 (AC3) bitstream
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Found plugin: [upmix] Plugin for channel upmix (4,6,8)
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Found plugin: [vdownmix] Plugin for channel downmix (stereo) with a simple spacialization
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Found plugin: [usbstream] USB Stream Output
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR (/run/user/1000) is not owned by us (uid 0), but by uid 1000! (This could e g happen if you try to connect to a non-root PulseAudio as a root user, over the native protocol. Don't do that.)
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Found card: [hw:0] HDA Intel PCH
[ALSAInput::GetSourceList] Found device: [hw:0,0] HDA Intel PCH: ALC269VB Analog
[PulseAudioInput::GetSourceList] Generating source list ...
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR (/run/user/1000) is not owned by us (uid 0), but by uid 1000! (This could e g happen if you try to connect to a non-root PulseAudio as a root user, over the native protocol. Don't do that.)
[PulseAudioConnect] Error: Could not connect! Reason: Connection refused
It is possible that your system doesn't use PulseAudio. Try using the ALSA backend instead.
==================== SSR stopped ====================
sodcore

Return to General Questions