Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Persistence on debian-live distro

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
pcalvert

Re: Persistence on debian-live distro

#16 Post by pcalvert »

Giygas wrote: That's exactly what I want. A fully functional OS where the user is able to configure whatever he wants in the install, while having some packages and files installed already.
I accomplished that a few years ago using Debian Jessie. I included Refracta Installer on the live CD, and that's what I used to install the OS. I could not use the Debian installer for my application, nor did I want to.

I obtained the Refracta Installer packages from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/files/tools/

Refracta Installer isn't as complex and full-featured as the Debian installer, but I see its simplicity as an advantage (if it does what you want).

Phil
Freespoke is a new search engine that respects user privacy and does not engage in censorship.

pcalvert

#17 Post by pcalvert »

Dai_trying wrote:I had some initial problems with installing from the boot menu and discounted that early on in favour of using calamares which I found to be much more configurable and easier too.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

starttime=$(date)

if [ ! -d "MyLive" ]; then mkdir MyLive; fi

cd MyLive

lb config --binary-images iso-hybrid --mode debian -a amd64 -k amd64 -d buster --archive-areas "main contrib non-free" --updates true --security true --cache true --apt-recommends true --debian-installer live --debian-installer-gui true --win32-loader false 
[snip]
If you are using Calamares, why do you include the Debian installer?

Phil
Freespoke is a new search engine that respects user privacy and does not engage in censorship.

Dai_trying

#18 Post by Dai_trying »

I must have thought i needed it at some point, I will remove it and see if everything still works ok.