Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Drag and drop to browser from Nautilus/Thunar SSH connection

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Evermind

Drag and drop to browser from Nautilus/Thunar SSH connection

#1 Post by Evermind »

Hi,

I cannot use drag and drop functionality to Firefox (e.g. Gmail) from Nautilus/Thunar etc. when the file is located on a remote server.

I have made the connection using SFTP. Drag and drop from the server folder to any local folder works just fine. However, when trying to drag and drop to Firefox it only seem to paste the link, not the file itself.

Drag and drop from a local folder to Firefox works just fine.

I have tested this on a number of distros and so far the problem can be seen on Debian 10, Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon and Linux Mint 18.3 (KDE, XFCE and Cinnamon).

On Ubuntu 18.04, CentOS 7 and 8 and Solus it works to drag and drop from the remote folder.

Obviously I can just copy the file to a local folder and then drag it to Firefox, but this is annoying and if there is a fix I'd rather fix it.

Any input would be most appreciated :)