[SOLVED] targets of 'debian/rules'

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

[SOLVED] targets of 'debian/rules'

Postby Chrisdb » 2020-01-16 08:18

hi,

Can anyone point me to the right direction on where I can find ALL available targets of a 'debian/rules' file.

This is what I've found in the manuals https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debmake-doc/ch05.en.html:
Code: Select all
dh clean : clean files in the source tree.
dh build : build the source tree
dh build-arch : build the source tree for architecture dependent packages
dh build-indep : build the source tree for architecture independent packages
dh install : install the binary files to $(DESTDIR)
dh install-arch : install the binary files to $(DESTDIR) for architecture dependent packages
dh install-indep : install the binary files to $(DESTDIR) for architecture independent packages
dh binary : generate the deb file
dh binary-arch : generate the deb file for architecture dependent packages
dh binary-indep : generate the deb file for architecture independent packages

But in man pages of debhelper https://manpages.debian.org/testing/debhelper/dh.1.en.html, there is also an 'override' target for test: 'override_dh_auto_test'.

Some other targets I've found while browsing the web:
- strip
- installchangelogs

It seems al targets are squattered all over the manuals and I was wondering where I can find a complete list.

thx
Last edited by Chrisdb on 2020-01-22 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisdb

Re: targets of 'debian/rules'

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-01-16 14:53

Chrisdb wrote:Can anyone point me to the right direction on where I can find ALL available targets of a 'debian/rules' file.

apropos "dh_"

See also debhelper(7).

Chrisdb wrote:there is also an 'override' target for test: 'override_dh_auto_test'.

If any of the debhelper commands are prefixed with override_ then the automation will be replaced with whichever commands are listed afterwards.
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby Chrisdb » 2020-01-17 05:32

Thx, it's clear now.

Another question. I tried to build nodejs(12.14.1) yesterday from the original source with the help of their manual:
Building node.js on supported platforms. From this I created a rules file accordingly.

Now everything was building, but when the 'test' target was reached, some tests failed and the entire build failed.
Is there a way to run the tests, but still build the deb in case of failure? Also this process took quite some time, do I need to start all over again?
Chrisdb

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-01-18 11:31

Chrisdb wrote:Is there a way to run the tests, but still build the deb in case of failure?

No idea, sorry. Have you tried building it with the standard rules file? I only ever change that if there are problems with it.
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby Chrisdb » 2020-01-18 11:42

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
Chrisdb wrote:Is there a way to run the tests, but still build the deb in case of failure?

No idea, sorry. Have you tried building it with the standard rules file? I only ever change that if there are problems with it.

No problem, you've already helped me a lot during my building adventure :D

The rules file created from debmake only contained:
dh $@

Is this enough?
Chrisdb

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-01-18 11:43

Usually.
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby stevepusser » 2020-01-18 18:21

Edit: Debian Experimental has nodejs 12.13 at the moment, so you could try a backport of that source if it's new enough, or else see if you can use their debian folder as a template for 12.14. Note that patches may have to be refreshed or disabled to allow for changes in the newer source.

https://packages.debian.org/experimental/source/nodejs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, the Debian maintainers know how to disable specific tests and allow others to run, but it's beyond me at the moment. Sometimes it just involves a specific override for dh_auto_test, and sometimes they need to patch the source.
Also this process took quite some time, do I need to start all over again?

If you have devscripts installed, usually "debuild -b" will start up the build again without starting over.
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: Kodi 18.5, Blender 2.8.2, 5.5 kernels, Openshot 2.5.0, Telegram-desktop 1.9.14, LibreOffice 6.4.1~rc1
stevepusser

Postby Chrisdb » 2020-01-18 18:38

stevepusser wrote:Edit: Debian Experimental has nodejs 12.13 at the moment, so you could try a backport of that source if it's new enough, or else see if you can use their debian folder as a template for 12.14. Note that patches may have to be refreshed or disabled to allow for changes in the newer source.

https://packages.debian.org/experimental/source/nodejs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, the Debian maintainers know how to disable specific tests and allow others to run, but it's beyond me at the moment. Sometimes it just involves a specific override for dh_auto_test, and sometimes they need to patch the source.
Also this process took quite some time, do I need to start all over again?

If you have devscripts installed, usually "debuild -b" will start up the build again without starting over.

thx I'll have a look at the debian folder..

In the meantime, I tried the standard rules file, but the 'dh_auto_configure' does not add al necessary options. Where can I find where this script adds the options with ./configure?
Chrisdb

Postby stevepusser » 2020-01-18 18:44

The tiny rules files, or the one in Debian's 12.13.1 rules file?

OK, you must be talking about your tiny one, since Debian uses a CDBS one, which uses a different syntax than the normal debhelper one you've been trying...
Debian also requires that you backport a newer libuv1 for Buster before trying that build. If you look in debian/patches, there are also some test-related patches.
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: Kodi 18.5, Blender 2.8.2, 5.5 kernels, Openshot 2.5.0, Telegram-desktop 1.9.14, LibreOffice 6.4.1~rc1
stevepusser

Postby Chrisdb » 2020-01-18 19:29

stevepusser wrote:The tiny rules files, or the one in Debian's 12.13.1 rules file?

OK, you must be talking about your tiny one, since Debian uses a CDBS one, which uses a different syntax than the normal debhelper one you've been trying...
Debian also requires that you backport a newer libuv1 for Buster before trying that build. If you look in debian/patches, there are also some test-related patches.

If I look at the CDBS version, mine is indeed tiny :D
Seems a bit complicated though...

About my other question, is there a way to manipulate the options that will be used by dh_auto_configure?
Chrisdb

Postby Chrisdb » 2020-01-19 11:10

Ok, found a way to continue build after failed tests:
override_dh_auto_test:
   make test-only || echo "warning: tests failed" > tests.log

the next step will be to write the errors to this log file...

Finally I have a deb file, but there were several lintian errors:
E: node changes: changed-by-address-malformed chris <>
E: node changes: changed-by-address-missing chris <>
E: node source: source-is-missing tools/lint-md.js line length is 32768 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing doc/api_assets/sh_javascript.min.js
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/assert-long-line.js line length is 9419 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/rsa-oaep-test-vectors.js line length is 520 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/throws_error5.js line length is 516 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/throws_error6.js line length is 1029 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/v8/benchmarks/regexp.js line length is 2305 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing doc/api/assets/sh_javascript.min.js
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/source-map/disk-relative-path.js line length is 315 characters (>256)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/source-map/inline-base64-json-error.js line length is 3019 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/source-map/inline-base64-type-error.js line length is 3019 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/source-map/inline-base64.js line length is 3019 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/source-map/istanbul-throw.js line length is 1264 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/acorn/acorn/dist/acorn.js line length is 4299 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/columnify/columnify.js line length is 267 characters (>256)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/wpt/encoding/single-byte-decoder.html line length is 647 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/wpt/url/urlsearchparams-constructor.any.js line length is 538 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/ajv/dist/ajv.bundle.js line length is 843 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/ajv/dist/ajv.min.js
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/ajv/dist/nodent.min.js
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/ajv/dist/regenerator.min.js
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/iconv-lite/encodings/sbcs-data-generated.js line length is 633 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/psl/dist/psl.js line length is 860 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/qs/dist/qs.js line length is 859 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/unique-filename/coverage/prettify.js line length is 17568 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/ajv/lib/compile/formats.js line length is 1161 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/ajv/lib/dotjs/_limit.js line length is 613 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/ajv/lib/dotjs/custom.js line length is 383 characters (>256)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/ajv/lib/dotjs/format.js line length is 326 characters (>256)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/ajv/lib/dotjs/properties.js line length is 264 characters (>256)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/ajv/lib/dotjs/propertyNames.js line length is 264 characters (>256)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/bluebird/js/browser/bluebird.core.js line length is 805 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/bluebird/js/browser/bluebird.js line length is 805 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/mute-stream/coverage/lcov-report/prettify.js line length is 17568 characters (>512)
W: node source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary deps/npm/node_modules/term-size/vendor/windows/term-size.exe
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/wpt/encoding/legacy-mb-japanese/euc-jp/jis0208_index.js line length is 32610 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/wpt/encoding/legacy-mb-japanese/euc-jp/jis0212_index.js line length is 32616 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/wpt/encoding/legacy-mb-japanese/iso-2022-jp/jis0208_index.js line length is 32610 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/wpt/encoding/legacy-mb-japanese/shift_jis/jis0208_index.js line length is 32610 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/wpt/encoding/legacy-mb-korean/euc-kr/euckr_index.js line length is 32612 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing test/fixtures/wpt/encoding/legacy-mb-tchinese/big5/big5_index.js line length is 32609 characters (>512)
E: node source: source-is-missing deps/npm/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/internal/streams/buffer_list.js line length is 481 characters (>256)
E: node source: maintainer-address-malformed chris <>
E: node source: maintainer-address-missing chris <>
W: node source: superfluous-clutter-in-homepage <insert the upstream URL, if relevant>
W: node source: bad-homepage <insert the upstream URL, if relevant>
W: node source: obsolete-url-in-packaging debian/copyright http://code.google.com/apis/v8/
W: node source: syntax-error-in-dep5-copyright line 26008: Continuation line outside a paragraph (maybe line 26007 should be " .").
E: node: embedded-library usr/bin/node: zlib
W: node: wrong-bug-number-in-closes l3:#nnnn
W: node: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
E: node: changelog-is-dh_make-template
W: node: copyright-refers-to-deprecated-bsd-license-file
W: node: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
W: node: copyright-has-url-from-dh_make-boilerplate
W: node: readme-debian-contains-debmake-template
E: node: maintainer-address-malformed chris <>
E: node: maintainer-address-missing chris <>
E: node: section-is-dh_make-template
W: node: superfluous-clutter-in-homepage <insert the upstream URL, if relevant>
W: node: bad-homepage <insert the upstream URL, if relevant>
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/.npmignore
W: node: embedded-javascript-library usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/ajv/lib/compile/async.js please use libjs-async
E: node: package-contains-eslint-config-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/ajv/scripts/.eslintrc.yml
W: node: embedded-javascript-library usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/asynckit/lib/async.js please use libjs-async
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/balanced-match/.npmignore
W: node: embedded-javascript-library usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js please use libjs-async
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/clone/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-eslint-config-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/color-name/.eslintrc.json
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/color-name/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/copy-concurrently/node_modules/iferr/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cyclist/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/debug/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/defaults/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/delayed-stream/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/delegates/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/encoding/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-eslint-config-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/err-code/.eslintrc.json
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/err-code/.npmignore
W: node: package-contains-vcs-control-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/extsprintf/.gitmodules
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/extsprintf/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-eslint-config-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fast-json-stable-stringify/.eslintrc.yml
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fast-json-stable-stringify/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-eslint-config-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fs-vacuum/.eslintrc
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fs-vacuum/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fs-write-stream-atomic/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fs-write-stream-atomic/node_modules/iferr/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/function-bind/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/gentle-fs/node_modules/iferr/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/getpass/.npmignore
W: node: embedded-javascript-library usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/har-validator/lib/async.js please use libjs-async
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/has-symbols/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/http-signature/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-eslint-config-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/https-proxy-agent/.eslintrc.js
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/ip/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/is-date-object/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/is-regex/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/isarray/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/isexe/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/isstream/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/jsbn/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-eslint-config-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-schema-traverse/.eslintrc.yml
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-schema-traverse/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-eslint-config-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-schema-traverse/spec/.eslintrc.yml
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-stringify-safe/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/jsonparse/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/lazy-property/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/meant/.npmignore
E: node: package-installs-python-bytecode usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/__init__.pyc
E: node: package-installs-python-bytecode usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/common.pyc
E: node: package-installs-python-bytecode usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/generator/__init__.pyc
E: node: package-installs-python-bytecode usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/generator/make.pyc
E: node: package-installs-python-bytecode usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/input.pyc
E: node: package-installs-python-bytecode usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/simple_copy.pyc
E: node: package-installs-python-bytecode usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/xcode_emulation.pyc
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules/nopt/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/nopt/.npmignore
W: node: embedded-javascript-library usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/normalize-package-data/node_modules/resolve/example/async.js please use libjs-async
W: node: embedded-javascript-library usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/normalize-package-data/node_modules/resolve/lib/async.js please use libjs-async
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-normalize-package-bin/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/object.getownpropertydescriptors/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/parallel-transform/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/performance-now/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/promise-retry/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/promise-retry/node_modules/retry/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/promzard/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/prr/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/read-installed/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/require-directory/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/require-main-filename/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/retry/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/sorted-union-stream/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/sorted-union-stream/node_modules/readable-stream/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/sorted-union-stream/node_modules/string_decoder/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/sshpk/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/stream-each/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/stream-iterate/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/stream-shift/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/through2/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/tweetnacl/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/umask/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/unique-slug/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/util-promisify/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/validate-npm-package-name/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/verror/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/wcwidth/.npmignore
E: node: package-contains-npm-ignore-file usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/xtend/.npmignore
W: node: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/npm
W: node: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/npx
E: node: portable-executable-missing-security-features usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/term-size/vendor/windows/term-size.exe ASLR DEP/NX
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/npm-cli.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/npx
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/npx-cli.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/JSONStream/bin.js
E: node: missing-dep-for-interpreter node => nodejs (usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/ajv/scripts/info) #!node
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/errno/build.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/errno/cli.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/is-ci/bin.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/lockfile/gen-changelog.sh
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/mkdirp/bin/cmd.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/gyp_main.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/MSVSSettings_test.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/__init__.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/common_test.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/easy_xml_test.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/flock_tool.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/generator/msvs_test.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/input_test.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/mac_tool.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/pylib/gyp/win_tool.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/samples/samples #!/usr/bin/python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/setup.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/tools/graphviz.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/tools/pretty_gyp.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/tools/pretty_sln.py #!python
E: node: python-script-but-no-python-dep usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/tools/pretty_vcproj.py #!python
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules/nopt/bin/nopt.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules/nopt/examples/my-program.js
E: node: missing-dep-for-interpreter node => nodejs (usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules/semver/bin/semver) #!node
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/nopt/bin/nopt.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/nopt/examples/my-program.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/opener/bin/opener-bin.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/qrcode-terminal/bin/qrcode-terminal.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/rc/cli.js
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/rimraf/bin.js
E: node: missing-dep-for-interpreter node => nodejs (usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/semver/bin/semver) #!node
E: node: missing-dep-for-interpreter node => nodejs (usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/sshpk/bin/sshpk-conv) #!node
E: node: missing-dep-for-interpreter node => nodejs (usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/sshpk/bin/sshpk-sign) #!node
E: node: missing-dep-for-interpreter node => nodejs (usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/sshpk/bin/sshpk-verify) #!node
E: node: missing-dep-for-interpreter node => nodejs (usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/uuid/bin/uuid) #!node
E: node: missing-dep-for-interpreter node => nodejs (usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/which/bin/which) #!node
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/scripts/docs-build.js
E: node: missing-dep-for-interpreter node => nodejs (usr/lib/node_modules/npm/scripts/maketest) #!node
W: node: script-not-executable usr/lib/node_modules/npm/scripts/release.sh
W: node: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/ecc-jsbn/README.md
W: node: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/ecc-jsbn/lib/LICENSE-jsbn
W: node: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/node-gyp-bin/node-gyp.cmd
W: node: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/node-gyp-bin/node-gyp.cmd
W: node: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/ecc-jsbn/package.json
W: node: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/ecc-jsbn/LICENSE
W: node: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/term-size/vendor/macos/term-size
E: node-dbgsym: maintainer-address-malformed chris <>
E: node-dbgsym: maintainer-address-missing chris <>
Finished running lintian.

Although these errors occurred, I don' have any issues at the moment....
Chrisdb

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-01-19 11:14

Chrisdb wrote:several lintian errors

Some of those look eminently correctable (such as the URL errors) and you can use a Lintian override to get rid of the rest: https://lintian.debian.org/manual/section-2.4.html

Lots of official Debian packages have a long list of overrides, or even extant Lintian issues: https://lintian.debian.org/tags.html
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby Chrisdb » 2020-01-20 08:05

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Lots of official Debian packages have a long list of overrides, or even extant Lintian issues: https://lintian.debian.org/tags.html

So I can assume that if any of the lintian errors I have are listed at https://lintian.debian.org/tags.html, it's safe to assume the build is ok?
Chrisdb

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-01-20 12:23

Lintian is designed to enforce Debian policy rather than check whether packages work or not. Go through the tags, read the descriptions and decide if you want to do something about them or not.
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby Chrisdb » 2020-01-22 20:52

Thx pretty clear now
Chrisdb

Return to General Questions