Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

EncryptedStorage failure (Tails)

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
lookabove1

EncryptedStorage failure (Tails)

#1 Post by lookabove1 »

For the first time i left pc overnight running tails and for the first time this happened - i cannot access encrypted storage.

when i boot tails and enter password it just wont open and no error message.
when i boot tails and start it without persistent storage, then try to enter the volume from file explorer i get "Unable to access "X GB Encrypted" Operation was canceled"
when i try to mount it on another pc i get an "error mounting /dev/dm-1 at /media/X/TailsData: cannot mount /dev/mapper/luks-X read only"

I tried to follow these guide to run filesystem check

https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... superblock

but when I try to run fsck.ext4 -v /dev/mapper/luks-X command it says that i must have r / w access to the filesystem or be root. but i am running this command as root '..

I also tried to run fsck.ext4 -v /dev/sda2 but get an error that disk is in use. when i try to umount /dev/sda2 it says its not mounted..

Hope you guys can help me out. Thanks in advance !

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: EncryptedStorage failure (Tails)

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

deadbang