Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

ZFS Dataset is busy

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Dominik2000

ZFS Dataset is busy

#1 Post by Dominik2000 »

Hello,

I have a problem with my ZFS pools. I want to delete a dataset but it is busy. I rebooted the server, tried to delete the dataset, device is busy. There is no mountpoint or anything. I reinstall zfs-dkms, rebooted the server, and imported the pool (I need the parameter -f because there was an error: "cannot import 'vm-storage': pool was previously in use from another system. Last accessed by whiskey (hostid=3c3b1af6) at Tue Apr 7 09:15:16 2020 The pool can be imported, use 'zpool import -f' to import the pool.") and the dataset is also busy.
I don't know what to do anymore...

Kernel version: Linux deepstore 5.4.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.4.19-1~bpo10+1 (2020-03-09) x86_64 GNU/Linux

ZFS version: zfs-0.8.3-1~bpo10+1 zfs-kmod-0.8.3-1~bpo10+1

Please write me what to post also, to debug this error.

Thank you!

Dominik2000

Re: ZFS Dataset is busy

#3 Post by Dominik2000 »

Yes i know most of this sites but don't find the problem.
root@deepstore:~# grep vm-storage/base-500-disk-0 /proc/*/mounts
Shows nothing.

There aren't any holds on the zfs, because there are no snapshots (it's the only dataset on this pool)
I have ntpd not installed.

The canmount option cannot be used by this dataset.
Also with
zfs destroy -R
there is no success. Dataset is busy.

Maybe a hint, this pool was created on another server, and imported to this one, can this be the problem?