Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

out of band remote management linux appliance

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
rsc179

out of band remote management linux appliance

#1 Post by rsc179 »

I'm trying to put together an inexpensive Linux appliance and need some type of independent management of the equipment. Something like IPMI, BMC, which will give me access to power controls and the console that is 100% independent of the OS. This part is easy.

But I also want it to connect back to some kind of central management, either my own server or a cloud based solution. And it has to do this by the appliance getting a dhcp address, and connecting out over the internet to the management server, through a standard dynamic NAT/PAT firewall ( will not have access to the firewall so I can't add any specific config to make this happen (hence the communication needs to be initiated from the appliance).

pylkko

Re: out of band remote management linux appliance

#2 Post by pylkko »

You are not giving enough detail to answer the question

cuckooflew

Re: out of band remote management linux appliance

#3 Post by cuckooflew »

Do you mean like THE toaster ?
I agree, more/better details needed,
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!