Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Jessie package availability

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
noah@tookish.net

Jessie package availability

#1 Post by noah@tookish.net »

I help to maintain a system that's running Jessie—we're in the process of retiring it, but it's going to be around for a few more weeks. I'm just wondering if it's safe to upgrade a few packages that show available upgrades—if I do "apt upgrade" now will I still get Jessie packages even though it went out of LTS a couple of weeks ago?

When I do "apt list --upgradeable" It looks like I will get the right packages, but I tried to confirm by finding out how long the packages remain available and I wasn't able to find anything.

Thanks in advance.

ruwolf

Re: Jessie package availability

#2 Post by ruwolf »

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

It was my understanding that the repos have been moved to the archive section, but you can check that by running "apt-get update". If they can't be found, your upgrades will fail until you update your sources.
MX Linux packager and developer

noah@tookish.net

#4 Post by noah@tookish.net »

Okay, thanks very much for the info. There are packages showing up as available, and it looks like they’re what I need—my concern is that when Jessie reached EOL the old stable stuff automatically started pointing at Stretch packages that will blow everything up, but it doesn’t look like that’s the case. I’ll make sure I have a good backup and give it a shot.

Thanks again.