Startup Applications XFCE - How to minimize? How to delay? -

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

Re: Startup Applications XFCE - How to minimize? How to dela

Postby sunrat » 2020-09-04 22:45

sgosnell wrote:Riseup VPN shouldn't be affecting startup parameters.

Agreed, separate issues. I suspect these "startup parameters" are configured incorrectly.

It's not a perfect solution, but it probably is the best free VPN available.

It's not a free VPN. They say it costs them $60p.a. and they ask users to contribute at least that much to use it. I guess you can leech if you absolutely have to but if it's worth it for you to use, you should contribute if you can.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!
sunrat

Postby Jean Charalab » 2020-09-04 23:07

[quote="sgosnell"] Brother im not mixing anything, i just want to make my vpn to delay just as the title and the first comment says
Jean Charalab

Postby sgosnell » 2020-09-04 23:19

I had been replying to your issue of how to start Viber minimized. You have stated multiiple issues in this thread. That confuses everything.

@sunrat: I've been making automatic monthly contributions to RiseUp for several years. Everyone gets the popup nag though, whether or not they've contributed. But technically it's free if one doesn't want to, or can't, contribute. I choose to help, just as I do for a number of other organizations.
Take my advice, I'm not using it.
sgosnell

Postby sunrat » 2020-09-04 23:22

Jean Charalab wrote:
sgosnell wrote: Brother im not mixing anything, i just want to make my vpn to delay just as the title and the first comment says

Which of the several excellent suggestions have you tried? The systemd timers posted by sickpig would seem to be just what you need.

sgosnell wrote:@sunrat: I've been making automatic monthly contributions to RiseUp for several years. Everyone gets the popup nag though, whether or not they've contributed. But technically it's free if one doesn't want to, or can't, contribute. I choose to help, just as I do for a number of other organizations.

Maybe I did words a bit wrong but I did say contributions should be made by those who are able. I too contribute there although only using email so far, and to other open source projects.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!
sunrat

Postby Jean Charalab » 2020-09-05 00:52

two issues are considerig as multiples...? whatever...
Jean Charalab

Postby sickpig » 2020-09-05 01:28

Jean Charalab wrote:two issues are considerig as multiples...? whatever...

You can specify After=network-online.target in the [Unit] section of your service if you want to start it without use of timer. That should take care of the network dependency.
sickpig

Postby joshi123 » 2020-09-19 14:56

Folks the rise up VPN that I'm utilizing it appears has some system that it revamps its autostart config after each reboot. So any alters there are important. I previously attempted the beginning limited and other comparative orders and they didn't work. I'm going to attempt the last proposal. Much obliged for the reaction.
joshi123

Previous

Return to General Questions