What would you like me to do?

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

What would you like me to do?

Postby debcat77 » 2020-09-13 20:01

Dear Debian community,

I just read the article over at The Register saying how the Debian project needs volunteers.

I've used Debian a lot, although I have to say I use Ubuntu these days. I'd love to help, but I'm not that Linux savvy. Technical systems stuff is almost always way over my head, I can only manage basic shell commands like navigating a directory or installing stuff. I can program, also in C, although I'm not an expert in it (yet :wink:). I've always wanted to learn Linux/Debian thoroughly, but it has always seemed somewhat cumbersome, and with all kinds of other shiny objects in view...

That being said, I could easily imagine myself doing documentation stuff, like manuals and guides. I have an eye for good writing, but problem is, to write about something, I need to know about that something.

In extension of the larger issue, but also the above, would it be an idea to take on apprentice-mentor programs? Maybe you could use some of those 900,000 USD to teach people. :)
debcat77

Re: What would you like me to do?

Postby sgosnell » 2020-09-13 20:26

This is not the Debian Project, just a forum for people who like to discuss Debian and related issues.
https://www.debian.org/intro/help
sgosnell

Return to General Questions