Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

possible bug: 802.1x not working in debian

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
marsdr

possible bug: 802.1x not working in debian

#1 Post by marsdr »

Hello!

I've set up a freeradius server and have a cisco switch and got 802.1x authentication working on a windows supplicant. However, when i try to use a debian supplicant it just gets me to enter my credentials for a while, then i have to reenter after 30 sec or something like that. I never get connected. I've used the exact same setup as before, peap with no CA cert. needed and peap version is auto. , mschapv2 and entered my user.

I've checked the log on the freeradius server, nothing there but on the other hand it doesn't show anything for windows either, and that works. I've checked in the switch and it sends and recives some frames etc.

So how can i continue troubleshooting from here? or is it a bug in debian? i've done everything correctly as far as i can tell.

marsdr

Re: possible bug: 802.1x not working in debian

#2 Post by marsdr »

I should add that we are talking about a wired connection.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: possible bug: 802.1x not working in debian

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

marsdr wrote:how can i continue troubleshooting from here?
Check your hardware and driver with

Code: Select all

lspci -k
Then search the interweb for problems with that combination. It's probably a buggy driver.

Also check the systemd journal for any clues.
deadbang