How to unmount persistence image from Buster live USB

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

How to unmount persistence image from Buster live USB

Postby kkman007 » 2020-10-01 22:04

Hi

I am using a persistence image file to store and save system settings such as WIFI for my Debian Buster Live image run from a USB stick. As I want to run the live image in RAM so I could remove the USB once the system boots up, I wanted to write a script to allow the persistence image to be unmounted after the saved settings are loaded.

However there are a number of mounts and I was hoping for some advise as what is the best way to unmount the persistence image after the system has booted up.

Below are the mounts which I think I need to remove, but is there a better way?

/dev/sda3 on /run/live/persistence/sda3 type ext2 (rw,noatime)

/dev/loop1 on /run/live/persistence/loop1 type ext3 (rw,noatime)

/dev/sda3 on /lib/live/mount/persistence/sda3 type ext2 (rw,noatime)

/dev/loop1 on /lib/live/mount/persistence/loop1 type ext3 (rw,noatime)

overlay on /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections type overlay (rw,noatime,lowerdir=/run/live/rootfs/filesystem.squashfs//etc/NetworkManager/system-connections,upperdir=/run/live/persistence/loop1/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/rw,workdir=/run/live/persistence/loop1/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/work)

Can I add a suplimentry question. Having unmounted the persistence image, can I remount it later within the running system, without needing a reboot and have it persist changes. Hope that makes sense.

Any advise would be helpful.
Thanks
kkman007

Return to General Questions