Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How can I, as a submitter of a specific bug, close it?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
jobezone

How can I, as a submitter of a specific bug, close it?

#1 Post by jobezone »

Hi,
there was one ocasion where I inadvertadely sent a nonsense bugreport, when I was testing bugreport, and I assumed it wouldn't send it if I didn't have a MTA configured and working. Well, it was sent, and I didn't know how to close it. It has been closed by the maintainer, but in the future, how could I have done this?

Thanks
The Debian Documentation website contains the FAQ, Installation Manual and the Release Notes for Etch. They're helpful if you want to learn more about debian!

jobezone

Re: How can I, as a submitter of a specific bug, close it?

#2 Post by jobezone »

jobezone wrote:Hi,
there was one ocasion where I inadvertadely sent a nonsense bugreport, when I was testing bugreport, and I assumed it wouldn't send it if I didn't have a MTA configured and working. Well, it was sent, and I didn't know how to close it. It has been closed by the maintainer, but in the future, how could I have done this?

Thanks
Nevermind, just found out in http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#closing that I can send an e-mail to nnn-done@bugs.debian.org, where nnn is the bug number, and include in the body the reason for closing it.
The Debian Documentation website contains the FAQ, Installation Manual and the Release Notes for Etch. They're helpful if you want to learn more about debian!