Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

broken usb mirophone with kvm - FIXED

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
MagicPoulp

broken usb mirophone with kvm - FIXED

#1 Post by MagicPoulp »

EDIT: this is now fixed.
Adding a usb redirector in virt-manager solved the problem very simply. So one must not add manually the usb device in virt-manager. I also had crashes befopre if I try to add a mouse manually as a usb device.

---

I could use a usb microphone before, in a windows guest, with kvm. But now I cannot and I don't know what changed. It used to work plug and play.

Since it does not work, I found I can add it manually in virt-manager, I can see the device with the manufacturer name,
then if I open a program about to use it or the windows sound settings, the VM crashes with the following log.

I get this in /var/log/libvirt/qemu.log
qemu-system-x86_64: /build/qemu-oK652D/qemu-3.1+dfsg/hw/usb/host-libusb.c:819: usb_host_ep_update: Assertion `udev->altsetting < conf->interface.num_altsetting' failed.
2020-12-01 09:20:38.916+0000: shutting down, reason=crashed

lsusb finds the device:
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0909:0051 Audio-Technica Corp.

-----

What does this assertion check?
https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/maste ... t-libusb.c
for (i = 0; i < conf->bNumInterfaces; i++) {
assert(udev->altsetting < conf->interface.num_altsetting);