Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Volunteering using data science for Debian?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
LemanR

Volunteering using data science for Debian?

#1 Post by LemanR »

Hello all,

So quick backstory, at my university I major in psych, minor in cogn & behavioral neuroscience & am close to a data science certificate. My last semester will be upper level applied stats with programming courses related to data science. I also have neuroscience related research experience & have created two R programs from scratch for 2 research lab related projects. Along with this I genuinely enjoy using data manipulations to extract knowledge and insight. Because of these factors I've been looking for opportunities where I can grow as a statistician and data science programmer.

My question is, are there volunteer data science related opportunities with Debian (whether business related data or otherwise) so that I can grow as a programmer and statistician. Right now I am fairly familiar with many data science concepts however in many ways I feel inexperienced which is what I wish to change with such opportunities. If anyone is interested I do have a very recent CV and don't mind sending college unofficial transcript (I recently applied to a neuroscience Ph.D program so those documents are very fresh).