Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

LCD display brightness is dropped

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
syntone

LCD display brightness is dropped

#1 Post by syntone »

Debian 9, Xfce desktop environment. I noticed that the laptop LCD display brightness is dropped significantly. Possibly, this have happened after working on a battery for some time.
When plugged in, I set brightness to 100% in Settings > Power Manager > Display: Brightness reduction: plugged in (100%) - but it looks it's not so bright it was earlier.

drasar

Re: LCD display brightness is dropped

#2 Post by drasar »

And outside the OS (in BIOS, boot menu, ...) is brightness level fine?

arzgi

Re: LCD display brightness is dropped

#3 Post by arzgi »

syntone wrote:Debian 9, Xfce desktop environment. I noticed that the laptop LCD display brightness is dropped significantly. Possibly, this have happened after working on a battery for some time.
When plugged in, I set brightness to 100% in Settings > Power Manager > Display: Brightness reduction: plugged in (100%) - but it looks it's not so bright it was earlier.
I think you were very close to fixing your issue. I use Debian 10 Buster's Xfce, The power manager display settings set the time how soon and how much display is dimmed in status changes, on battery, on wire, or when battery is close to empty, etc. I suggest checking those first.