Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[RESOLVED] User friendly alternative to Teamviewer?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Danielsan

[RESOLVED] User friendly alternative to Teamviewer?

#1 Post by Danielsan »

I guys,

I think I do this question at least once at year... :lol:

Do we have any userfriendly alternative to Teamviewer in Debian? I tried with X2GO but it looks like you have to setup the server properly before to use it over SSH (you must also setup SSH), my problem is the server is thousand of miles away from me...

I think I am in the embarrassing position to use Teamviewer to setup SSH/X2GO properly... :?

Thanks,

D.
Last edited by Danielsan on 2021-03-26 05:28, edited 1 time in total.

Bloom
df -h | grep > 90TiB
df -h | grep > 90TiB

Re: User friendly alternative to Teamviewer?

#3 Post by Bloom »

Have a look at Remmina.

Danielsan

#4 Post by Danielsan »

Before reading this I already checked it out that Anydesk has a flathub version available. However one of the point of using a forum is also for sharing knowledge and experience. If anyone hasn't a simple solution for this issue my experience may help anyone else.

I'll let you know if Anydesk work, I am not very enthusiastic but so far my real and unique solution feasible is Teamviewer... :(
Last edited by Danielsan on 2021-03-24 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

Danielsan

#5 Post by Danielsan »

Bloom wrote:Have a look at Remmina.
The client side is always easy, the problem is when you have to setup properly the server, which becomes complicated when you don't have physical access to it and thus you have to instruct someone else that has difficult to recognize spaces between commands on a CLI instruction.

I wonder why nobody has taken the time to create recipes for setting up all those configurations, for instance Ubuntu Snap Packages come already configured out of the box, including all the security enhancements...

pcalvert

#6 Post by pcalvert »

Danielsan wrote: I'll let you know if Anydesk work, I am not very enthusiastic but so far my real and unique solution feasible is Teamviewer...
I've found that Anydesk works fine. It may not be as fancy as Teamviewer, but it gets the job done.
Freespoke is a new search engine that respects user privacy and does not engage in censorship.

Danielsan

#7 Post by Danielsan »

pcalvert wrote: I've found that Anydesk works fine. It may not be as fancy as Teamviewer, but it gets the job done.
Thank you for sharing, which version have you used so far? I've just installed the flathub version which is probably the Linux version wrapped into a flatpak container...

pcalvert

#8 Post by pcalvert »

Danielsan wrote: Thank you for sharing, which version have you used so far?
I downloaded the DEB file from here and installed it with gdebi:
https://anydesk.com/en/downloads/linux
Freespoke is a new search engine that respects user privacy and does not engage in censorship.

Danielsan

#9 Post by Danielsan »

I see... we used both the one available through Flatpak and it worked out-of-the-box, it is a shame to not have the knowledge to setup those thing by yourself and have to use a proprietary solution...