Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bullseye Freeze and SID

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Morgy

Bullseye Freeze and SID

#1 Post by Morgy »

I'm running Sid and wondering if the Bullseye freeze more or less also freezes Sid except for security fixes thx

Bulkley

Re: Bullseye Freeze and SID

#2 Post by Bulkley »

Morgy wrote:I'm running Sid and wondering if the Bullseye freeze more or less also freezes Sid except for security fixes thx
You're running Sid and you have to ask?

Head_on_a_Stick

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Debian's unstable branch doesn't usually receive any coverage from the Security Team, see the Security FAQ for more on this.
deadbang

Morgy

#4 Post by Morgy »

Bulkley wrote:
Morgy wrote:I'm running Sid and wondering if the Bullseye freeze more or less also freezes Sid except for security fixes thx
You don't have to respond to a question that's over your head but I guess there's one in every crowd, keep reading you'll catch up eventually :roll:

Morgy

#5 Post by Morgy »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Debian's unstable branch doesn't usually receive any coverage from the Security Team, see the Security FAQ for more on this.
Will do thanks

stevepusser

#6 Post by stevepusser »

Morgy wrote:
Bulkley wrote:
You don't have to respond to a question that's over your head but I guess there's one in every crowd, keep reading you'll catch up eventually :roll:
It's more that Sid users are assumed to be more knowledgeable than the average bear, or at least be able to research a simple question like that themselves...
MX Linux packager and developer

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by sunrat »

I third that assertion that Sid users should know how to research simple questions like that.
But to answer anyway (I'm feeling generous today) - there is no freeze for Sid, it moves ahead while testing is frozen, and when Bullseye is released a flood of packages from Sid suddenly pour in to become the new Testing.

And you may wish to edit your response to Bulkley, they made a valid point and you won't win any friends here with that kind of attitude.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

craigevil

#8 Post by craigevil »

Sid exclusively gets security updates through its package maintainers. The Debian Security Team only maintains security updates for the current "stable" release.
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianUnstable
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.69-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list

Morgy

#9 Post by Morgy »

sunrat wrote:I third that assertion that Sid users should know how to research simple questions like that.
But to answer anyway (I'm feeling generous today) - there is no freeze for Sid, it moves ahead while testing is frozen, and when Bullseye is released a flood of packages from Sid suddenly pour in to become the new Testing.

And you may wish to edit your response to Bulkley, they made a valid point and you won't win any friends here with that kind of attitude.
I don't edit threads, he can suck it up and grow a set