Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Gnome desktop on 65" TV

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
ghstudio

Gnome desktop on 65" TV

#1 Post by ghstudio »

Can someone suggest how to set fonts and sizes (Gnome Desktop) so that I could work 10' away from my 4k 65" TV. This is a NUC set up for home theater (eg. you tube, zoom) and I'm going to try to replace my roku with Kodi or equivalent (needs to support netflex, disney, prime, hulu (all paid subscriptions. I'd like to be able to use the same NUC for mail and other apps when I'm in the den. Note: I'm also running a number docker containers...home assistant, pihole and will be adding more to this NUC.

I've already found that just choosing 200% doesn't help....I need to set the fonts much larger (hopefully there's a way). Any help appreciated

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Gnome desktop on 65" TV

#2 Post by CwF »

set the DPI to 144 ~ish...
on gnome I don't know how, it's what I do for xfce4.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Gnome desktop on 65" TV

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

ghstudio wrote:I've already found that just choosing 200% doesn't help....I need to set the fonts much larger
Perhaps try 300% instead?

Code: Select all

gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings overrides "[{'Gdk/WindowScalingFactor', <3>}]"
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface scaling-factor 3
Reference: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI
deadbang