Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

java?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Rednax

java?

#1 Post by Rednax »

im having some difficulty in getting java to run on firefox, or even any web browser as a matter of fact. i downloaded the rpm's and when i try run them i get errors like no folder found. ive looked on apt-get.org and couldnt find any java packages that worked. its probally me being a complete noob as to why it wont work.

pigah

#2 Post by pigah »

Try to add:

Code: Select all

deb http://www.tux.org/pub/java/debian unstable non-free
to your apt-sources list. with proper version (stable,testing,unstatble) of course.

#3 Post by Guest »

how do i go about adding that

lacek

#4 Post by lacek »

Do this:
1. Download j2re from sun. Pick the "linux self-extracting file". Make it executable (chmod +x jre-1_5_0_04-linux-i586.bin) and run it.
2. It creates a directory (jre1.5.0_04)to the current one. Move this directory to, say, /usr/local/.
3. Create symlinks from the java dir (/usr/local/jre1.5.0_04/plugin/i386/ns7) to the mozilla plugin directory.

piper

#5 Post by piper »

Download j2re from sun into your home directory Make it executable (chmod +x jre-1_5_0_04-linux-i586.bin) or right click properties, permissions click on "ls executable"

*as root

apt-get install java-package

*as user

fakeroot make-jpkg jre-1_5_0_04-linux-i586.bin

*as root

dpkg -i sun-j2re1.5_1.5.0+update04_i386.deb

#6 Post by Guest »

thanks for that people! java works like a dream now.