Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installing deb

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Ari

Installing deb

#1 Post by Ari »

I'm trying to install scratchbox packages. I have added line:
deb (h)ttp://scratchbox.org/download/files/sbox-releases/0.9.8/deb/ ./
to my /etc/apt/sources.list, but the installer can't connect to that address. The same is with security.debian.org, although I can ping the address. What might be wrong? (I can access the web with a browser).

Another question: How can I install deb-packages which are located in hard disk?

-Ari

Harold

#2 Post by Harold »

Ari> I have added line: deb (h)ttp://scratchbox.org/download/files/sbox-releases/0.9.8/deb/ ./ to my /etc/apt/sources.list.
Once you remove the parentheses from around the "h," the line works just fine.

Ari> How can I install deb-packages which are located in hard disk?
Assuming all dependencies are satisfied, you can do this with the command dpkg -i /path/to/deb-package

arip

#3 Post by arip »

Ari> I have added line: deb (h)ttp://scratchbox.org/download/files/sbox-releases/0.9.8/deb/ ./ to my /etc/apt/sources.list.
Once you remove the parentheses from around the "h," the line works just fine.

Those parentheses are because otherwise it is interpreted as a web address, and in the preview it didn't look good (it's not showed completely).