Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to build a LAMP server with Debian 3.1

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
explorer1979

How to build a LAMP server with Debian 3.1

#1 Post by explorer1979 »

Hi all,

I am newbie indebian, now I downloaded thenetwork install CD ISO from official web site.

And now, I want to build up a Linux server for my company which want to host multiweb site, and DNS, FTP at this same machine ...

The web site is need MySQL 4.1 (Incluse the server, client and anything I need for the php + MySQL application), PHP 4.3.X or above but can't be PHP 5, since many php application only work properly in 4.3.x, and perl, Apache 2 or 1.3.x
Since I want to install simplemachines.org or phpBB forum on this machine.

And I don't know how to enable PHP to support below extension mod ...., if possible, can anyone tell me how to easy to install all of the PHP extension that not need by using the tar.gz way, or complixx (How to spell it?) the extension what I need are

calendar
iconv
exif
ftp
gd2
mbstring

mssql do PHP 4.3.x can install mysqli?? If yes, it is great for MySQL 4.1.x user, since not need change to old password

mssql
odbc
openssl
session
xml

It is all, thx for your time

I want to ask, how to using apt to install all of above package after the new fresh network CD install?

Best Regards,
Jimmy Chan
http://www.wusogorphoto.net