Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

About VMWare

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
LordFord

About VMWare

#1 Post by LordFord »

Hello again:

I'm happy using my Debian, but I still need to use Windows because I use 3d Studio Max and C++ Builder 6 at work, now I need to install a virtual machine in Linux, I have some .rpm here, but, when I installed I need to know where is my C/C++ headers for configuring the package, where can I see those files ?? Or how can I install VMWare mor easy ??

Thanls

mikekgr

#2 Post by mikekgr »

as a suggestion... why you don't try the free qemu virtual machine???
It is only one "apt-get install qemu" away

B.R.

LordFord

I'll try it

#3 Post by LordFord »

Hello:

sorry, I'm really newly in Debian, I didn't know about qemu, I'll try it anyway, thanks.

Leonel

LordFord

About qemu

#4 Post by LordFord »

I just instelled qemu, and try to read som documentation about it, but I can't understand, I need to emule WindowsXP using qemu, I have the ISO, now, how can I use it by using qemu ??
Open your mine: Use OpenSource !!!
LordFord

xequence

#5 Post by xequence »

Qemu is very slow. VMware rocks ;)

I have been trying to compile vmware for awhile and I havnt gotten it to work.

You can use alien to turn the RPM to DEB, it doesnt always work though.

sensovision

#6 Post by sensovision »

I like QEMU(maybe because I never tried VMWare) the only thing it missing is USB support(as I actually installed windows only to print with my Epson Photo R300 using it's native drivers), hopefully USB would be added soon.
Denis