Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Adobe 7.0 Plugin

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Dee

Adobe 7.0 Plugin

#1 Post by Dee »

I have installed the Adobe 7.0 plugin into my Mozilla 1.7.8 browser, on a Debian Sarge O/S. The browser says that it installed ok, but when I call up an Adobe Web Site, the browser says "done" and nothing happens. I checked and found that "acroread" is not in the environmental path.

What must I do to add its sub-directory to the path used by the X processor? Please be specific, and thank you for your help.

Dee

Sjoerd

#2 Post by Sjoerd »

Install the "mozilla-acroread" and acroread packages. So you don't need to download anything from acrobat.
Note however, that to see these items you have to add contrib and nonfree to your sources.list file (I thought that was enough, maybe you need another download location. Search forr it on the internet, there you should be able to find it).

Good luck..

dustin88

#3 Post by dustin88 »

You can install the packages by adding the line:

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sarge main

to your /etc/apt/sources.list and then updating the database.

Dustin