Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Filesystem to write from Windows, Linux, BSD and MAC

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Paloseco

Filesystem to write from Windows, Linux, BSD and MAC

#1 Post by Paloseco »

I am looking for a filesystem to read and write to from windows, linux, mac and unix. Also a feature that I need is the support for large files. Here is a list of filesystems I have in mind, advice me if other are suitable:
  1. NTFS is not writable from Linux.
  2. VFAT does not support bigger files than 4 GB.
  3. Ext2 is the most supported filesystem, linux, bsd and windows with Ext2IFS. Exceptionally latest version of MAC does not support it (you cannot install the program).
Any ideas about wich filesystem is the best to be able to share data (for example mp3) with those operating systems?

dawgie

#2 Post by dawgie »

also Ltools

Paloseco

#3 Post by Paloseco »

To write ext2/ext3 from windows there is no problem, I have tried ext2 IFS and works perfetc, but I think that the last version of MAC does not support it (the program that offers support is not compatible)

anon

#4 Post by anon »

I belive ufs2 fills all of your requirements.