Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

fsck has been mounted 30 times without being checked?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Goatman

fsck has been mounted 30 times without being checked?

#1 Post by Goatman »

Hi

"fsck has been mounted 30 times without being checked, check forced".

That's the message I saw when I booted up my Debian Sarge box running KDE. Is this good?...bad?...normal?...and what does it even mean?.

Thank's, any help would be greatly appreciated!

anon

#2 Post by anon »

After 30 boots there's a filesystem integrity check, it's perfectly normal. If it annoys you that it "suddenly" pops up when you just where supposed to do something quick you can trigger it yourself at next reboot by shuting down with:
shutdown -hF 0
when you've got time to spare as it's probably a bad idea to turn it off.

RenaudM

#3 Post by RenaudM »

You can also change default value if '30' by using 'fstune' I think. But I also think it's a bad idea to turn it completly off.

lacek

#4 Post by lacek »

RenaudM wrote:You can also change default value if '30' by using 'fstune' I think. But I also think it's a bad idea to turn it completly off.
The command if 'tune2fs', but I agree that it is a bad idea to turn completely off the filesystem check.