Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Question about GRUB

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Ellises

Question about GRUB

#1 Post by Ellises »

Is there an application that configures GRUB corrently or one that someone made? I tried using the boot utility that came with debian but it has errors on not finding all the available options that was setup manually by it's installer.

domecq
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

#2 Post by domecq »

What Debian version you're using? Stable, testing or unstable?

Domecq

Ellises

#3 Post by Ellises »

Version 3.1r0 2-DVD edition

Scotti
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

#4 Post by Scotti »

Most likely Stable.

I know that Gnome has a boot config editor somewhere in the menu. I don't remember exactly what it's called though.

Searching the Debian packages reveals the program grubconf but it seems to only be in Unstable.

domecq
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

#5 Post by domecq »

My menu is in French, but I guess in English it would be "Applications->System Tools->Boot".

Domecq

Ellises

#6 Post by Ellises »

Yeap that would be the location.
This is an age old question of mine about the GRUB configurator.
I always wanted one for I didn't have to edit the menu.lst file manually, but debian came with one, which made me happy, but the way debian setup the menu.lst file was it had header string like "Other Operating Systems" and below it was the lines for my windows OSs.... the debian boot configurator didn't detect this line and didn't read anything after.