Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

being lazy with samba

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
breakfastmartini

being lazy with samba

#1 Post by breakfastmartini »

So, after reading many FAQs and how-to's about configuring XP Pro to work with Samba, I've fianlly gotten the 2 to recognize one another. This has taken a painfully long time.

I'm not a Linux user, yet I am not new to programming or working with the command line. Ive set up a server for remote usage and am just tired of troubleshoting my network problems and have one question which is probably easy to answer.

My samba share has ONLY ownership priveleges (currently the owner is root) even though the folder it points to is owned by the user with full group and owner permissions. Where or how do I set the permissions for my share?

RenaudM

#2 Post by RenaudM »

I don't remember where samba configuration is stored in debian but it should be somewhere like /etc/smb.conf or /etc/samba/smb.conf. From it you could change the default behavior.

But I think your problem comes from not having users added in samba. Try using 'smbadduser' command.

Hope this help