Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

printing from firefox

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
aaronhoy

printing from firefox

#1 Post by aaronhoy »

I'm having printing issues. After trying almost everything I could I finally got my HP Deskjet612C to print jobs from openoffice. I thought everything was fine until I tried to print from firefox. It said it recognized the printe and everything seemed to be fine but after the progress bar reached 100%, nothing happened, and the page never printed. anyone know how to fix this?

tim

#2 Post by tim »

You might try installing a package called cupsys-bsd (apt-get install cupsys-bsd). It helps cups interact with different printing systems.

Tim
Grieve not for happy Claudius, he is dead;
And empty is his skull.
Pity no longer, arm-in-arm with Dread,
Walks that polished hall.

Joy, too, is fled.
But no man can have all.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

grautu

#3 Post by grautu »

Assuming cups is your printing system, you also need to inform Firefox about that. That's simple as

Code: Select all

# aptitude install gtklp

dawgie

#4 Post by dawgie »

Mozilla is also setup to use xprint.
http://xprint.mozdev.org/
to install:
# apt-get install xprint xprint-common

dnusinow
Debian Developer
Debian Developer

#5 Post by dnusinow »

I generally find that I get better luck with the postscript output rather than xprint. If xprint works for you that's great, but I had issues with xprint setting the wrong paper size and poor quality. Just a word of warning.
David Nusinow