Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

ClamAv+Evolution

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Alberto

ClamAv+Evolution

#1 Post by Alberto »

Hello, I am using Ubuntu 5.10 (Debian based) in dual boot with the native o.s. of my PC, and I have, also, installed ClamAv antivirus and its frontend ClamTk. I had a look at /etc/clamav.conf and noticed that there is an uncommented "ScanMail".
Now, I'd like to make ClamAv to check the incoming mails managed by Evolution. Unfortunately I don't have any experience in the matter.
Can you give me a suggestion?
Best Regards

Alberto

ClamAv+Evolution

#2 Post by Alberto »

Hello,
Somebody, at last, at Evolution Mailing List (www.gnome.org/projects/evolution) suggested me the way to check the incoming mails managed by Evolution, with ClamAv.
You must set a Filter Rule in Evolution like that:
In incoming section:
IF:
pipe to program | /usr/bin/clamscan --quiet - | return | 1
THEN:
Move to | directory you want
Important is the "-" sign at the end of the field pipe to program.

(In this example clamscan path is supposed to be /usr/bin)
I did so and, afterwards sent a mail to myself attaching the Eicar virus test (eicar_com.zip) and it worked.
BUT when I repeated that all, attaching the uncompressed Eicar virus test (eicar.com) I didn't even received that mail :? I repeated that a few times and the mail was never delivered. I wonder why.
Best Regards