Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Azureus to much memory consume

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
vladoportos

Azureus to much memory consume

#1 Post by vladoportos »

Hi,

Im using debian and azureus for a while, lately i updated to azureus 2.4.0.0
I noticed that it use 1.2GB of RAM ?!? i think that its azureus... if i look at status

Physical memory 97% 50.23 MB 1.43 GB 1.48 GB
- Kernel + applications 20% 309.40 MB
- Buffers 6% 90.71 MB
- Cached 70% 1.04 GB

How can i find out what actualy use that cached memory and how to restrict it to half of it... so i have some memory left for another apps..

Hope that what i asking give some sence :)

domecq
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

#2 Post by domecq »

How can i find out what actualy use that cached memory
ps aux

Code: Select all

how to restrict it to half of it...
I don't know if this is possible but let's say it is, and you do that, maybe your application (Azureus) will not work properly.

I read something on Azureus website about memory consumption. They seem to have a fix for this in their site. It's about a jar file that you have to download and install. This is a bit tricky because you have to deal with permissions.

I went through the same problem, deployed their fix, and didn't see much improvement. Nowadays, I used BitTornado and I recommend it.

Cheers,

domecq