Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

wwwrun Problem

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Brainiac

wwwrun Problem

#1 Post by Brainiac »

Hi,

I'm a 24 year old male from Berlin - Germany.
I'm running Debian 3.1. sarge with Confixx on a vServer on which I want to host several cms websites for me and some friends.
Me preferred cms is Joomla!.

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing some access right problems with my FTP - Server. Up to now, there are 2 users - web0 and web1. These users can connect via FTP and list alle directories, but when it comes to uploading or write access in any way, the access is permitted.

The folks on the Joomla!Board explained, that this is due to an wwwrun problem - something about PHP as module or as CGI. I have read several threads in several forums now and can't figure out how to help myself with this prob.

Is there anybody in this forum, who can tell me what I would have to do to fix this problem?

ThX for any help,

Brainiac