Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

apache2 reinstallation

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
nhwk

apache2 reinstallation

#1 Post by nhwk »

I decided to reinstall apache2, using apt-get remove apache2*, and manually deleting all of /etc/apache2.

Now after I apt-get install apache2, and/or apache2-common, there are quite a few things missing from /etc/apache2, such as apache2.conf and the entire directory mods-available is empty.

I've tried all sorts of things, trying apt-get --reinstall install, installing the subpackages manually, removing it all, but still it's leaving a lot of things out (specifically out of apache2-common, since it's responsible for apache2.conf and the mods folder).

Anyone have any ideas?

ajdlinux

#2 Post by ajdlinux »

Do you have all of the following installed:
* apache2
* apache2-mpm-prefork
* libapache2-*

Also are you running sarge, etch or sid?

andrew

nhwk

#3 Post by nhwk »

ajdlinux wrote:Do you have all of the following installed:
* apache2
* apache2-mpm-prefork
* libapache2-*

Also are you running sarge, etch or sid?

andrew
I have apache2, apache2-mpm-prefork, and libapache2-mod-php5 installed. I'm running sid.

The only thing in mods-available is mime_magic.conf, and apache2.conf is still missing from /etc/apache2

ajdlinux

#4 Post by ajdlinux »

What version of apache2-common is installed? Also, does apt-get check show any errors?

nhwk

#5 Post by nhwk »

apache2-common is 2.0.55-4

debian3800:/etc/apache2# apt-get check apache2-common
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done

debian3800:/etc/apache2# apt-get check
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done

this is really weird

ajdlinux

#6 Post by ajdlinux »

If you have kpackage installed, could you find apache2-common in there and choose the File List tab. See if there are any question marks.

Also, have you tried dpkg-reconfigure apache2?

andrew

nhwk

#7 Post by nhwk »

I don't have X installed on this machine. Also dpkg-reconfigure apache2 or apache2-common doesn't help :?

EDIT: I finally got it working! I had to manually dpkg -P (purge) all apache related files, then reinstall Strange, oh well. Thanks for the help.