Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Unable to get IP in DEBIAN

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Arshadm

Unable to get IP in DEBIAN

#1 Post by Arshadm »

Hello everybody,

I have configured WLAN card on my HP(ze2000) laptop with Ndiswrapper accompanied with winXP drivers.I have installed Kwifimanager,i can detect my wireless network but unable to get IP to connect to it.I have dhclient installed but i am unable to get IP from my D-link wireless router.
If anybody knows,please reply...

Take care
Bye

jschind

#2 Post by jschind »

1) Do you have an encryption key set on your router?

2) When you type dhclient, does it show wlan0 (or whatever your wireless device is)?

3) When you type iwconfig, does the essid on your wlan match your home network?

Try:

Code: Select all

>iwconfig wlan0 essid='Your-essid' key='Your-key'
>dhclient

Arshadm

#3 Post by Arshadm »

Hello

Yes,it shows the eth1 whenever i run dhclient.

I tried with iwconfig command for setting ESSID and key but still unable.But something strange that i see is that whenever i try to enable my eth1 interface graphcally from control panel,it does not work.But when i try to enable eth1 interface from console it works and my WLAN card lights blink stating that it is ready but in control panel remians forever disabled.

yes,i am using encryption WEP with TKIP but i also have tried with open network but still does not work.

Thanks in advance for your reply