Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Using a partition

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
dawg3tt

Using a partition

#1 Post by dawg3tt »

I am currently running WinXP and i have two hard disks: one is partitioned in half - the first half has my XP and critical system folders, the second half empty. my second disk is strictly media. is there a way to put debian on the second partition of my first disk?

mark

#2 Post by mark »

Put in your debian CD and start the installation. when you have to partition a harddisk select the on you want to install debian on.

When cfdisk is started you will see the partion containing the window$ XP installation and free space.
Select free space and create a swap partion and a root partition.

When your installation is almost finished you're asked to make a boot disk, make this.
You now can boot Debian from the boot disk and boot window$ XP from the HD.

This is the way i did it in the past (I don't have window$ installed anymore, yeahh :lol: )

If you want to Debian from the HD to I think you find loads of info on google when you search on lilo documentation.