Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

I don't get it

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
mark

I don't get it

#1 Post by mark »

I get the following error from my router:
  • [ip address] sent an invalid ICMP error to a broadcast
Normaly this wouldn't be a problem because you can tell you kernel to ignore this error by editing /proc/sys/net/ip4/icmp_ignore_bogus_error_response.
But when I edit the default value (0) in to 1 and reboot, the default value is back in the file.
I'm sure I saved it correctly before rebooting.

Does somebody have an explanation for this?

lacek

#2 Post by lacek »

The /proc entries are not saved between reboots, so, if you need to edit anything among these files, you need to do it every time the system boots.

mark

#3 Post by mark »

Is there a way to do this automaticly?

lacek

#4 Post by lacek »

Put your settings to the startup scripts. These are located in /etc/rc[1-5].d, and are called S[0-9][0-9]<name>.
Debian systems starts on runlevel 2 by default, so if you put a script to /etc/rc2.d/ named, for example S99systemscripts, and write your stuff into it, then your settings will be applied on startup (be sure to make the script executable).

mark

#5 Post by mark »

Thanks for your reply

Sorry for the late response, I was away for the weekend.

I'm going to try it right away.