Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Login Issues (Can't enter password)

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Kiyoshi

Login Issues (Can't enter password)

#1 Post by Kiyoshi »

Hihi. So, I managed to get Debian installed successfully... finally, but I can't seem to login. At debian login: I put in my account name (Monkey) just fine, I hit enter and when password: pops up, my keyboard freezes up. The only thing that actually has any input is enter, and then I get a nice 'Login Incorrect' message.

Anyone know why I'm unable to type my password?
Also, I setup my root account and my normal account under the same name and password. This is just a personal computer and I don't have to fear anyone messing with it, so naturally I just put in the same thing. Should I setup a normal account under a different name? (I am an absolute unix newb, so it would probably be better if I weren't in root all the time, ey?)

Thanks a bunch,
Kiyoshi

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

Re: Login Issues (Can't enter password)

#2 Post by Lavene »

Kiyoshi wrote:Anyone know why I'm unable to type my password?
Hi,

The password is not echoed to the screen. Just enter it correctly and hit enter and you should be logged in...

Tina