Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Good Mail Clients + Organizer

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
wildrain

Good Mail Clients + Organizer

#1 Post by wildrain »

Hi All,

Lately I have been haing issues with KDE 3.5.2, hang, crash..and what not. Its been quite unstable for me...so I decided to completely move out of KDE and install a light weight desktop. I chose Fluxbox, been happy with it all this while. I am still using Kmail for my mail use. However I am planning to move out of it in another couple of months, as Kmail has its own set of issues....crash, hangs, delay..etc. I am learning ans testing MUTT (fetchmail+procmail+mutt+exim4) for my mails. Let me describe to you how important an email client is for me. Every day I atleast have about 150 official mails in my mailbox. I would send atleast 50+ mails a day (max in one day). The emails I receive and send are very crucial to my work. The thing I wanted to check with you guys is about an Organizer. Whenever I receive an invitation (usually sent from MS world) I 'accept' the invitation and that gets added to my TO-DO/Scheduler Korganiser. Now that I am moving completely away from Korganizer, is there any application that can work with MUTT. Something that is more generic?

Ps: Evolution failed on me miserably. I have about 45k mails on my mail server and every time I try to download mails, it would always start from scratch and hang up after downloading 1k mails. So I am not looking for a solution in GNOME also.

Cheers,
BB

Linux User Registered #415327

Harold

#2 Post by Harold »

The Mozilla people are trying to make Thunderbird talk to a calendar program. http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

wildrain

#3 Post by wildrain »

Yes, I did read about that....but I somehow don't enjoy all mozilla application esp. thunderbird....i have used it extensively when I was in windows....am looking for a native linux application...the one that would give me the TRULY LINUX feeling.... ;)
BB

Linux User Registered #415327