Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Update/Upgrade Sarge?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
jimbo-62

Update/Upgrade Sarge?

#1 Post by jimbo-62 »

I installed Sarge rc3 with 2.6.8 kernel to my hard drive a few days ago. Everything seems to be working except for kfind. But I was browsing a Debian News Group this morning and saw a post that referenced doing a daily update/upgrade for Sarge.

Is this a necessary thing that I should be doing with an rc version? Or is it OK to wait until the actual release and then do an update/upgrade?

Thanks for any suggestions, jimbo

jobezone

Re: Update/Upgrade Sarge?

#2 Post by jobezone »

jimbo-62 wrote:I installed Sarge rc3 with 2.6.8 kernel to my hard drive a few days ago. Everything seems to be working except for kfind. But I was browsing a Debian News Group this morning and saw a post that referenced doing a daily update/upgrade for Sarge.

Is this a necessary thing that I should be doing with an rc version? Or is it OK to wait until the actual release and then do an update/upgrade?

Thanks for any suggestions, jimbo
Well now that Sarge has been released, it's recommended you do it :) And it's update/dist-upgrade .

Terje

#3 Post by Terje »

I don't think he means a dist-upgrade daily :p

I do my update/upgrade every day, but I don't think it's really needed. Only the security patches could be very important in some cases. If you just keep track of wich updates are available, you can also just update when you see an important patch.
Registered Linux user number 391283.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.