Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Newbie needs help with synaptic

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
jozmak

Newbie needs help with synaptic

#1 Post by jozmak »

Hi,
I've just installed sarge and from some reasons, I cannot start synptic form the menu. It runs perfectly from the command line though. However, when I close synaptic it leaves the following message in the terminal.

(synaptic:2788): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_view_unref_tree_helper: assertion `node != NULL' failed

Could anyone interpret this message?

Thanks a lot
jozsefmak

jobezone

Re: Newbie needs help with synaptic

#2 Post by jobezone »

jozmak wrote:Hi,
I've just installed sarge and from some reasons, I cannot start synptic form the menu. It runs perfectly from the command line though. However, when I close synaptic it leaves the following message in the terminal.

(synaptic:2788): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_view_unref_tree_helper: assertion `node != NULL' failed

Thanks a lot
jozsefmak
I'm not sure about that error message, but I think I've seen it before in my system, and it seems harmless, if synaptic otherwise works correct for you.
About you not being able to launch it from the menu, which menu are you talking about? The Debian, Gnome, KDE, or other menu?

jozmak

#3 Post by jozmak »

jobezone wrote:

Thanks a lot
jozsefmak
I'm not sure about that error message, but I think I've seen it before in my system, and it seems harmless, if synaptic otherwise works correct for you.
About you not being able to launch it from the menu, which menu are you talking about? The Debian, Gnome, KDE, or other menu?
It is in KDE System menu.

jobezone

#4 Post by jobezone »

jozmak wrote:
jobezone wrote:

Thanks a lot
jozsefmak
Then use the menu editor from KDE (kmenuedit I think it's called), and edit the Synaptic menu entry. Make it execute:
"kdesu synaptic".
synaptic needs superuser power (root power), and it's possible that your entry in kde is not using kdesu.

jozmak

#5 Post by jozmak »

jobezone wrote:
jozmak wrote:
jobezone wrote:
Then use the menu editor from KDE (kmenuedit I think it's called), and edit the Synaptic menu entry. Make it execute:
"kdesu synaptic".
synaptic needs superuser power (root power), and it's possible that your entry in kde is not using kdesu.
Hi jobezone,

Thanks a lot for the advise. This solved the problem.

Regards,
jozmak

jobezone

#6 Post by jobezone »

Hi jobezone,

Thanks a lot for the advise. This solved the problem.

Regards,
jozmak
No problem :)

Eduardo